Eagle County Internet Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eagle County Internet Experience

The online home for business and residential internet customers to share their experiences with broadband services in Eagle County, Colorado.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CenturyLink Service in Eagle Ranch

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CenturyLink Service in Eagle Ranch Empty CenturyLink Service in Eagle Ranch Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 am

VVP Admin

Admin

I have residential internet service at my home in Eagle Ranch.  I have 10MB service through CenturyLink, but many times in the evening hours (~6:30-10pm) I experience unreliable speeds.  

CenturyLink came to my home on March 26 and tested my connections at the curb and at the router and everything was found to be in working order. Upload and download speeds tested equivalent (to CenturyLink's credit, slightly more) than the speeds associated with my service plan.  So, technically everything seems to be working.

I've paid close attention since then, and I notice that the problem seems to be associated with the use of Apple products (iPhone or iPad) on our wireless network.  My laptop (PC, connected wirelessly) quickly connects to webpages, but, webpages loaded on an iPhone or iPad either are laggy and slow to load. Sometimes pages don't load at all and I have to recycle the page, which usually loads the page quickly on the second try.    

Has anyone else experienced speed variability with local CenturyLink service that seems to be related to the type of device you're using?

https://ecitexperience.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum